Probably not as much as you might think. While Microsoft Dynamics AX likes to play in the Tier One space with SAP and Oracle, Dynamics NAV provides a very credible alternative for many companies including those at the lower end of the enterprise level. Tier One products tend to have more extensive functionality and work better for international organizations. The offset to those benefits is a much higher price tag, especially in terms of implementation services. It truly is the Tier One products that result in the room of consultants who never go away because of the effort required to implement the solution. Some Tier Two products, including Dynamics NAV, typically have very comprehensive features and offer advantages in flexibility, speed of implementation, ease of use, and the ongoing effort and cost to maintain the system. Both Dynamics AX and Dynamics NAV are excellent products. While Dynamics AX is rapidly gaining acceptance in the Tier One space, Dynamics NAV continues to be the most popular mid-market system in the world. As an avid fan of Dynamics NAV and its impressive resume, I believe Dynamics NAV will work for companies up to and potentially over two hundred concurrent users. Companies do have to confirm a functionality match but that is true even for Dynamics AX. If you are interested in a product that truly offers “rapid time to value” and would like to discuss this with us, please feel free to contact Malcolm at 877-777-7764.
- Report on Directions North America Conference 2019
- Comparison of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Assembly and Manufacturing
- Let’s compare Dynamics 365 Business Central CRM to Dynamics 365 for Sales
- You should care that Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central SaaS is multi-tenant
- ODT Service 365 app with planned maintenance for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central