Open Door Technology’s Advanced Payables App add-on for Dynamics NAV has been a popular product with a number of resellers who needed unique capability required by customers. The add-on offered a wide variety of check formats before Microsoft expanded the choices in Dynamics NAV but also provided check remittances, MICR checks, automated check signatures, and miscellaneous vendor capability, among other features.
A full list of ODT AP features includes:
Advanced AP Check
- The ability to define the desired check format from the following selections:
- Long Stub-Check or Check-Long stub options are also possible but require some modification
- The ability to request a Separate Remittance at time of check print.
- A menu option to print the Separate Remittance if the report was not printed previously.
- Void Checks no longer use up a “Check No.”
- The ability to print MICR lines on checks.
- The ability to print a company logo on checks.
- The ability to specify company address information in each bank account (where a specific subsidiary or division uses a different bank account).
- An “Advanced Check” tab in Purchase & Payables to allow customization of how Check reports will function.
Automated Check Signature
- The ability to automatically print a signature on an AP or payroll check.
- Bank accounts can be individually setup with one or two signatures, each with specific check Limits for printing the Auto Signature.
- Purchase Invoices and Credit Memos are modified to allow a Miscellaneous Vendor to be used to reduce the number of vendors created for one-time use. The name, address, and invoicing information of the vendor is directly entered on the Purchase Invoice or Credit Memo header form.
- The Payment Journal and the Suggest Vendor Payments functionality can be used as for any other vendor.
- Print checks directly from the posted invoice using the vendor’s name and address information.
- Ability to create multiple Miscellaneous Vendor entries prior to printing checks.
- Navigation works as for any other vendor to allow navigation to G/L entries, vendor ledger entries, check ledger entries, etc. and view vendor specific information.
To learn more about how ODT AP can help you run your business more smoothly, please contact us here.